Sunday 27 April 2008

Cheesecake Pops - Daring Bakers April 2008




This months challenge is Cheesecake Pops. I was quite relieved when I saw this months challenge, not because it was straight forward, but that I had the book that this months challenge came from, otherwise I would have had to click the button and buy it! It hails from Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey (Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth) by Jill O’Connor -what a title! It’s a pretty girl-y book with lots of rich and yummy sounding recipes, and lots of sweet and treaty pictures too.


Now to the cheesecake pops. I haven’t had so much fun pottering in the kitchen for ages! Before I had my little one I used to spend hours faffing about with icings and decorations for cakes. I even ventured into the world of dipping chocolates, and that skill came in useful here. When I was coating the cheesecake balls with chocolate I didn’t even remember the chocolates I’d tried before, but it was as if my hands remembered and started doing what they should have, and ta-dah it was done in the twirl of a wrist.


Before the balls were coated a pan of New York style cheesecake was made, baked, chilled overnight, formed into balls (this was a little tricky, but fine by the third one - a rotating and constant gripping movement with the scoop seemed to work). Next they were frozen for a couple of hours and then coated with the chocolate and decorated. Finally, left in the fridge until ready to eat.


They tasted really good, I think they would make a fabulous dessert for a barbecue, I can just imagine friends faces as the sight of a tray of these pops =)


Thank you for such an enjoyable challenge to Elle of Feeding my Enthusiasms and Deborah of Taste and Tell, you did us proud! To see more pops go here to the Daring Bakers blogroll and click away, I’m going to!

51 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Your pops look just perfect - great job!

Cakelaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJ said...

Wow how luscious and creamy do those pops look. I love all the sprinkles you've used. Especially the glitter. There's nothing like a bit of glitz and glam.

Thinking About Food said...

These look utterly fabulous and sooooo easy to eat!!!!!

Deborah said...

Wonderful job! I love all of the decorations!

Shelby said...

They look great! I especially love the one coated in snowflakes!

Anne said...

Everything is so cute and adorable :) Simply lovely!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pops, they look just wonderful! Love the red.

Kajal@aapplemint said...

these pops look so perfect ! i swear i could not do just a neat job.

Christine said...

Awesome! I really like the one with the white sprinkles (snowflakes) on them!

Lis said...

I love your sprinkles and glitter! So pretty, Kelly-Jane! :D

These would be a really great BBQ dessert.. they can be kept in the cooler and your guests can just toss the sticks into the bon fire afterwards.. sounds perfect to me!

xoxo

glamah16 said...

I'm loving the disco glitter ball pop. Great work.

kellypea said...

Kelly-Jane, I totally agree with having these for a BBQ. They'd be a hit. I'm loving your festive looking pops! The colors are so cheerful!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Wow Kelly-Jane these are wonderful. Wish I'd found some of those sprinkles!
I do think these would be perfect for a BBQ!

Bumblebutton said...

The disco glitter looked fabulous! So hard to find it state-side! Nice job

Anonymous said...

It was fun to decorate these little sweeties wasn't it? It was also a lot faster to do than I originally thought (okay dreaded) it would be.

Great work!

Shandy said...

Your cheesecake pops are adorable! Great challenge and the cheesecake recipe was delicious! =D

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I have to get some of that glitter.

Andrea Meyers said...

So colorful! I love all the different sprinkles.

Gretchen Noelle said...

Great job with these! Does one have blue glitter on them? Glad you could enjoy decorating dessert again!

Peabody said...

Yes, they would be good at a BBQ.

Unknown said...

Sparkles! I love that first picture. These are a great crowd pleaser.

Chris said...

These look great! :)

Barbara said...

Great job, your pops look very pretty. Almost too pretty to eat.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I love all the different decorations! They look just like lollipops.

Maggie said...

Wow they look stunning. The sprinkles are always good fun!

KayKat said...

Yum! All the colour totally rocks :)

Maria♥ said...

Kelly these are so cute!

Maria
x

Rosie said...

oooh what beautiful pops K.J. just love those sprinkles!!

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

Wow KJ. They look fabulous and you've inspired me to take the plunge and join The Daring Bakers.

xxxx

Nickki said...

Wow Kelly, they look perfect! I've never heard of these until I saw them on Rosie's blog. They look fab!

Jenny said...

How very pretty! Except the snowflakes - after the winter we've had, no liking snow flakes here at all! :-)

Veron said...

These pops look fantastic and I do agree that they be great dessert for a barbecue!

Anna's kitchen table said...

KJ, they look fantastic, well done!

Sandy said...

Oh, wow! I want one, or two , ot three right now!

Meeta K. Wolff said...

what a lovely and colorful array of pops. brilliant!

Renee said...

I love your pops! Very pretty!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Very pretty pops! Great job!

Cheers,

Rosa

L Vanel said...

Great looking colors and creative sprinkles!

Maria♥ said...

Kelly I have an award for you on my blog ;o)

Maria
x

julie said...

They look so cute and delicious! Indeed a great thing to bring along to a party or bbq. Well done, KJ!

Brilynn said...

I especially like the snowflake covered pops, they look great!

Dolores said...

You're right... this challenge was a lot of fun, and would be a festive follow-up to a summer barbecue. Great job!

T’s Treats said...

Great Job!! I love the glittery ones, they make me think of Fairie pops hehe..

Kelly-Jane said...

Thank you all for your kind comments :)

KJxx

Vicky said...

Wow Kelly-Jane, these look sooo good! Really pretty!
Vicky xxx

Anonymous said...

yeehooo ! disco pops here :)
I love the one with the little snowflakes, it's so cuuuuuuuute :)
huge success ! congrats !

creampuff said...

Those are some stylin' pops!

Lisa said...

K-J, they are so cute and really look delicious. Another great job.
It's fun to see your myriad sprinkles, too!

Helene said...

Fantastic job! Endless possibilites and you did a fabulous job!

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a wonderful job on your pops! Very pretty.

Natalie @ gluten a go go