Wednesday 16 June 2021

Ina’s Baked Raclette

 Ina Garten’s new cookbook last year was called Modern Comfort Food.  It’s a brilliant book, I love what she has done with the favourites of a nation. Actually, wider than a nation, several nations. 

I’ve made a number of recipes, and this one is her baked raclette, well sort of, what I made is definitely inspired by Ina’s recipe. Where I live I can’t always get raclette or reblochon.  Earlier this year I had my first trip to Waitrose, which is 2-3 hours from me. We were there, in Edinburgh, to view a car and there was a Waitrose close by! What luck!! I bought a number of cheeses especially, that I would not normally (be able to) buy. Anyhow, there, in all it’s glory was some reblochon, which I have used before in tartifilette.  However, it’s definitely a winter dish, and it’s June, so I used it in Ina’s Baked raclette. Also changing out her chorizo for a sprinkling of cooked sliced ham, which I already had. It worked well, lightened it up for a Summer lunch.  I’ll definitely try her actual recipe with chorizo next time I can lay my hands on the cheese. 



2 comments:

Jane said...

I love this book too. I have made the Tomato & Goat's Cheese Crostata, except I don't much like goat's cheese so substituted boursin - it was great! The raclette looks amazing - will definitely try (maybe when it cools down a little). :)

Kelly-Jane said...

That sounds divine Jane, I’m a bit iffy with goats cheese. Love Boursin though!