Monday 7 June 2021

Lemon and Garlic Chicken

 In 2018 Donal Skehan came out with a new book called Meals in Minutes. It’s a great inspiring book too. 

I found myself in a ‘lost my cooking mojo’ round about that time, and for a good while before that too, after the passing of my Mother. Donal’s enthusiasm for cooking is infectious and it was this book that made me want to cook again. Not that I hadn’t been cooking, just hadn’t enjoyed it much at that particular time in my life. For that I’ll always be thankful to Donal and his lovely family, who are great fun to follow on Instagram. 

Anyhow, back to tonight’s supper, lemon and garlic chicken with couscous salad and hummus. The latter two are cheats ingredients, as they are bought, just leaving you to butterfly chicken breasts, then cooking them in garlic butter and finish off with lemon juice. It’s a lovely recipe, hubby and I both liked it a lot. Definitely keeping this in mind for the hot days of summer, you know the ones where it’s too hot to do anything, but the family still needs fed! 



No comments: